Encompassing all or some of our services
A Truly Unique Solution
you decide how much or how little you wish to utilise.
Our customer asked if we could offer a solution to incorporate their proprietary code and technology into a market available device.
The customer wanted to add a “delighter” product, namely, a timer switch to their product portfolio. Unfortunately, due to other project commitments, they had limited internal engineering resource to do this project. Orbit worked as part of this business to successfully deliver a fully approved, tested ODM product within the timescales agreed.
Orbit Services Utilised
For This Project
Orbit have established, credible supplier relationships that we've built-up over 20+ years of operation.
- 20+ trading years relationships with the factory owners built up by Orbit’s founder. In this instance allowing Orbit to integrate the customers technology into one of Asia’s largest manufacturers and exporters of Timers.
- Decades of knowledge both technically and commercially. Tried and tested robust routes to market.
- Dedicated project manager to ensure all communication and information is passed swiftly and correctly
- Ensuring we fully understood the technical and approval requirements
- Review the requirements and agree the plan
- Firmware coding to allow integration
- Sympathetic PCB redesign to allow integration of hardware without drastically amending the original design of the plastic enclosure or electronics. This allowed easier transition through the approvals process.
- Modified the tool to accommodate the extra height of the proprietary hardware
- Sampled and approved the modified plastics within 4 weeks
- New samples were manufactured, tested, then supplied for approval to the customer
- Once approved we then applied for all the relevant safety approvals on behalf of the customer
- Mass production including manuals and packaging within 6 weeks of approval
- Ensuring we free issue the correctly programmed encrypted hardware to the factory
- Managing all supplier processes involved
- Managing all freight and logistics required
Orbit gains its rewards when you buy product from us...
Our profit is made by selling you the end solution, be that a simple bespoke component or in this case, a fully tested, approved and packaged ODM product that was able to ship directly to the end user with virtually no interaction from our customer.
For this very reason, Orbit must be 100% confident that our decades of knowledge and partnerships deliver the correct commercial solutions. If they fail, we don’t get paid!
The above case study shows just how flexible & powerful Orbits Design to Supply service really is, so much so, we have operated this supply model successfully with virtually every single customer we work with.